NEAHMA Communities of Quality (COQ) Awards Submissions Due Extended Deadline to September 27!
The Communities of Quality Awards honor the achievements of affordable housing providers who make an unprecedented contribution to developing outstanding properties for families of modest means.
The COQ Awards recognize outstanding property-management companies that demonstrate the highest possible quality of safe, affordable housing for lower-income families at particular sites.
The awards competition has five categories:
- Exemplary Family Development
- Exemplary Development for the Elderly
- Exemplary Development for Residents with Special Needs
- Exemplary Development for Single Room Occupancy Housing
- Outstanding Turnaround of a Troubled Property
Award winners will be recognized at the Annual Conference and Trade Show on October 22, 2019 at the Dinner and Awards reception in Norwood, MA.
Awards Criteria for NEAHMA Regional Communities of Quality Awards
To enter the 2019 NEAHMA Regional Communities of Quality Awards competition, your property must be a national recognized Community of Quality property.
- The property must have scored a minimum of 325 points on its National Recognition application.
- Properties that competed in the previous COQ Awards program but did not win are invited to reapply for the 2019 awards program; previous award winners are not eligible to re-compete.
- Prepare an essay of 500 to 1500 words, outlining the outstanding features and/or aspects of the property, and why it should be selected by the judges as an award winner. For Best Turnaround Property entrants only at least four before pictures.
- All NEAHMA regional COQ winners will automatically be submitted to NAHMA for the National COQ Award competition in November 2019.
- Download Application Brochure Here.
Application NEAHMA Deadline: September 27, 2019
Don’t let your valuable accomplishment expire renew your COQ recognition every two years by submitting the renewal application posted to the National Recognition Program page.