The Communities of Quality Awards honor the achievements of affordable housing providers who make an unprecedented contribution to developing outstanding properties for families of modest means.
The COQ Awards recognize outstanding property-management companies that demonstrate the highest possible quality of safe, affordable housing for lower-income families at particular sites.
“The Communities of Quality Awards honor the achievements of affordable housing providers who make an unprecedented contribution to developing outstanding properties for families of modest means. NAHMA believes it is essential that outstanding affordable properties -and the individuals who establish them-be publicly recognized for providing quality housing that offers a safe, healthy environment,” Michael Johnson, SHCM, NAHP-e, NAHMA president, said. “They are communities supplying essential programs and services for their residents. These awards bring valuable well-deserved attention to the important work we are all doing.”
The awards competition has five categories:
- Exemplary Family Development
- Exemplary Development for the Elderly
- Exemplary Development for Residents with Special Needs
- Exemplary Development for Single Room Occupancy Housing
- Outstanding Turnaround of a Troubled Property
Award winners will be notified in early January 2020 and will receive their awards in a special ceremony at the NAHMA 2020 winter meeting, March 2020 in Washington, D.C.
The Awards Criteria
To enter the 2019 NEAHMA regional Communities of Quality Awards competition, your property must be a national recognized Community of Quality property.
- The property must have scored a minimum of 325 points on its National Recognition application.
- Properties that competed in the previous COQ Awards program but did not win are invited to reapply for the 2019 awards program; previous award winners are not eligible to re-compete.
- Prepare an essay of 500 to 1500 words, outlining the outstanding features and/or aspects of the property, and why it should be selected by the judges as an award winner. For Best Turnaround Property entrants only at least four before pictures.
- All NEAHMA regional COQ winners will automatically be submitted to NAHMA for the National COQ Award competition in November 2019.
- Download Application Brochure Here.
Application NEAHMA Deadline: SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
We look forward to receiving your nominations and applications in the coming months!
Don’t let your valuable accomplishment expire renew your COQ recognition every two years by submitting the renewal application posted to the National Recognition Program page.