The Communities of Quality Awards honor the achievements of affordable housing providers who make an unprecedented contribution to developing outstanding properties for families of modest means.
The COQ Awards recognize outstanding property-management companies that demonstrate the highest possible quality of safe, affordable housing for lower-income families at particular sites.
New this year, all COQ nationally recognized properties are eligible to highlight their accomplishments through the use of Digital Smart Badges on their properties’ websites, enabling web visitors to see, and validate, their COQ national recognition status through a simple “click and verify” process.
- Exemplary Family Development
- Exemplary Development for the Elderly
- Exemplary Development for Residents with Special Needs
- Exemplary Development for Single Room Occupancy Housing
- Outstanding Turnaround of a Troubled Property
- The property must have scored a minimum of 325 points on its National Recognition application.
- Properties that competed in the previous COQ Awards program but did not win are invited to reapply for the 2018 awards program; previous award winners are not eligible to re-compete.
- Prepare an essay of 500 to 1500 words, outlining the outstanding features and/or aspects of the property, and why it should be selected by the judges as an award winner. For Best Turnaround Property entrants only at least four before pictures.
- All NEAHMA regional COQ winners will automatically be submitted to NAHMA for the National COQ Award competition in November 2018.
- Download Application Brochure Here.