NAHMA Presents Key People Skills for Property Management Staffers: Management in the Modern Workplace
Being a good manager in the 21st century workplace takes more than assigning work and making sure things get done. It requires good relationship skills, creating an environment where everyone can do their best work, and finding creative ways to achieve important goals.
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018, we will take a close look at skills and capabilities that will help you become a strong manager. Topics to be covered will include:
- Developing your management style
- The importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Establishing presence and credibility
- Connecting with direct reports, peers and your manager
- Managing to get results
This session is designed for:
- Property management staffers
- Corporate or headquarters staff, including regional and district managers; mid- and entry-level managers and supervisors; compliance specialists; HR, accounting and technical staff; etc.
Here are the details:
Date: January 16, 2018
Time: 2:00PM Eastern / 1:00PM Central / 12:00PM Mountain / 11:00AM Pacific
This special event is brought to you by NAHMA, hosted by Rocky AHMA.
About the Trainer: Brenda Harrington, founder of Adaptive Leadership Strategies, LLC, works with private, public and nonprofit organizations to improve performance by helping staff members work with greater agility and expanded leadership capacity. In the past, Brenda served as Executive Vice President, Operations for a large property management and consulting firm. She is a Moderator on the Global Delivery Team for Harvard Business School Publishing (HBP), where she facilitates leadership development courses for HBP corporate clients worldwide. Brenda has received her Certification for Leadership Coaching from Georgetown University, and is also certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF).