Importance of Energy Efficiency provides participants an overview of how energy efficiency is pursued and why it is vital in today’s society. Primary focus addresses energy in the affordable multifamily property management sector. Through this course, participants will gain a community and a global stewardship perspective.
The participant will learn to:
• Review and analyze utility bills to develop baseline bench-marking data
• Perform an ASHRAE Level I Building Assessment that will identify “no-cost and low-cost” energy saving opportunities and provide a general overview of existing conditions and recommended capital improvements.
• Analyze data from the ASHRAE Level I audit and prepare a savings and cost analysis for Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) and report these findings to the various stakeholders
• Prepare a list of immediate needs as well as an ongoing work plan to address areas of improvement
• Identify and procure various project funding sources including energy grants, loans, shared-savings programs, etc.