The Communities of Quality Awards honor the achievements of affordable housing providers who make an unprecedented contribution to developing outstanding properties for families of modest means. The COQ Awards recognize outstanding property-management companies that demonstrate the highest possible quality of safe, affordable housing for lower-income families at particular sites.
The awards competition will include five categories:
• Exemplary Family Development
• Exemplary Development for the Elderly
• Exemplary Development for Residents with Special Needs
• Exemplary Development for Single Room Occupancy Housing
• Outstanding Turnaround of a Troubled Property
The Awards Criteria –To enter the 2014 NEAHMA regional Communities of Quality Awards competition, your property must be a national recognized Community of Quality property.
- The property must have scored a minimum of 325 points on its National Recognition application.
- Properties that competed in the previous COQ Awards program but did not win are invited to reapply for the 2014 awards program; previous award winners are not eligible to re-compete.
- Prepare an essay of 500 to 1500 words, outlining the outstanding features and/or aspects of the property, and why it should be selected by the judges as an award winner. For “Best Turnaround Property” entrants only – at least four “before” pictures.
- All NEAHMA regional COQ winners will automatically be submitted to NAHMA for the National COQ Award competition in November 2014.
Application Deadline: August 27, 2014
We look forward to receiving your nominations and applications in the coming months!